Friday, January 8, 2016

Real Techniques Sponge vs Beauty Blender

Writing the title of this blog makes me want to yell out THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!! Lol! Like for real, the Beauty world is so competitive. And I have heard so many people say to me that they like the Beauty Blender over the Real Techniques Sponge or vice versa. I haven't seen all out wars, but I'm sure they have happened. But here is my opinion on both and which one I like better:

Let's start with the Beauty Blender. Honestly because I got this one first lol. I bought it like several months ago and instantly fell in love with it. Like I don't know how I lived without that thing. What I love about the Beauty Blender is its size.  I love that it small, but the minute you soak it in water, it doubles in size. Blending out my concealer without it now is like forbidden. I have tried it once or twice because I was too lazy to go dampen it and...... No. Lol. 

2. Real Techniques Sponge. This was a straight up impulse buy at Ulta. I knew at some point I was going to make it my business to buy it for the sole purpose of giving you all an honest comparison. So I got it. Took it home. Took it out of the packaging. Squeezed it. And was like.... Well this feels like a brick lolololol. My Beauty Blender was way softer than this when I squeezed it. (I'm saying this in my Cardi B from Love and Hip Hop Voice btw, lolololol) So after I was done being snooty and a ride or die fan of the Beauty Blender, I took it into my bathroom and ran it under water...... Not only was it mad softer than the Beauty Blender, but it retained moisture longer!!!!! I used the Real Techniques Sponge on my LOTD last night and the Beauty Blender on my LOTD on Tuesday. Let the comparison begin! 


Makeup with Real Techniques Sponger




Makeup with Beauty Blender


Ok so now, I can totally tell a difference. It's not a huge difference as far as looks are concerned. Both sponges do a fantastic job at blending out concealer. What the Beauty Blender lacks from the Real Techniques Sponge is the ability to really get into the corner of the eye and the ability to soak up more access product. And I mean it's not a whole lot. It's very very very slight. The Real Techniques Sponge also retains moisture longer than the Beauty Blender. I have gotten up many a times from my floor vanity (yup I beats my face while sitting on the floor) to go back to my bathroom to re-dampen my Beauty Blender because it has dried out. So that's what 2pts for the RTS and 0 pts for BB. Now, the Beauty Blender, however, comes in a wide range of colors. I can get a pink, black, or lime green one. Real Techniques only choice is orange. So RTS loses that battle to BB. 2-1. I will award both sponges points for the opposite ends of the sponge. Both blend out evenly on the ends of it. I can't say the flat bottom is better than the round bottom. They're about the same lol. 3-2. Price? Sorry Beauty Blender, but RTS wins hands down for its amazing price point of $5.00 vs $20. 4-2. 

So, it appears that the Real Techniques Sponge wins this comparison! But I would still recommend both. To be honest, I needed a new sponge because my Beauty Blender was getting really beat up. But at some point, I will buy another Beauty Blender. Why? Because it is still an amazing sponge and my RTS won't last forever. I also wouldn't be a true Beauty Blogger if I didn't own EVERYTHING. I always say, do what is best for you. Both sponges are amazing products. This was probably one of my more fun blogs to write! 


Until next beauties! 


Aly

2 comments:

  1. My BB is nearing the end of its life, I was curious whether to replace it with a RTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Space of Beauty,

      How about I lost my RTS and just bought a new one last night. I have no idea where it went. LBVS! But the sponge truly is that amazing and at a great affordable price point. I still love the BB and I still use it. But the RTS is addicting I swear it is. lol! Thank you for checking out my blog and leaving feedback!!

      Delete