Thursday, April 14, 2016

DIY Brush Cleaner

So we all get to times where budget is real small and we can't always afford essential products in our makeup collection. Like Brush Cleaner. Luckily, I have done some research and am here to deliver to you what I discovered. Now I did YouTube this concoction. So it is not my original creation. But with anything, you have to test it out and give your stamp of approval. So here is the recipe for your DIY Makeup Brush Cleaner:

  • 3 Parts Purified Water
  • 1 Part 70% Rubbing Alcohol
  • 1 Part Baby Shampoo
 
Now I bought my refillable spray bottle at Sally's Beauty Supply. It costs me around $5. It's extremely convenient because you can just continue to use the same bottle for your cleaners whether you buy them or make them yourself. I literally pour everything into this bottle and shake. That's it. Once you do that, it's ready to use. 
 
Now that we got making it out of the way, how effective is it? Well, I have before and after pics for you. So here are my brushes before I cleaned them.
 
 
So here are my brushes that took a beating in my last tutorial. High impact colors, thick foundation. Yeah the works. So The only brush that wasn't 100% clean was the Foundation Brush. I'm not shocked about that. I have yet to find any manufactured Brush Cleaner to get a foundation brush squeeky clean. The most important part is that there is no bacteria in the brush. The alcohol thank goodness kills that. But here is the after photo.
 
 
As you see, this concoction cleans pretty well for just only 3 ingredients. I also love it because of course with it being homemade, you can make it over and over and save money. I will never run out of  brush cleaner with this idea up my sleeve. If you're on a budget and need brush cleaner asap, check this idea out. You can never go wrong with things that you can make yourself.
 
 
 
Until Next Time Luvs,
 
Aly


 


No comments:

Post a Comment