Monday, September 5, 2016

The Latest Craze in the Makeup World: CHALLENGES!!

Online challenges have been the new thing lately. The latest ones I have seen in general are the So Gone Challenge and the Running Man Challenge. In the Beauty World, the latest to become popular are the Full Face Highlighter Challenge and Full Face Using Only Liquid Lipsticks Challenge. But why are these challenges so popular?  Recently, I did a collab with another YouTuber named Miss Bella Beauty. We came up with the idea of doing an Instagram vs. Everyday Makeup Challenge. We divided our face in half and did two different makeup looks. It was all in fun. No shade it Instagram Makeup at all. I will like our videos down below so you can check them out. But what is the deal with these challenges? Let's really look at this in close detail.




Now, doing this challenge, along with the several other challenges I have done in the last month, are so much fun to do. For me, it gives me a chance to play in makeup like I did as a child. It also picks apart what we do when we put on makeup and helps improve our skills. For instance, during the highlighter challenge, I truly had to think about things such as contour and what would I use to put on my lips etc, etc. For someone like me, it truly is learning and honing in on my skills. But what about you guys? Once upon a time, when I was just a viewer, I truly watched makeup videos to simply watch them. I never really tried doing my makeup like that until I decided to wear makeup. But because I loved it, I watched it. It was simply just fun. It was a way to bond with people I did not know. It was a way to learn about new things and new products. So, to bridge this gap, I'm going to safely say that this takes the pressure off of everyday life and just gives us something fun to do. The challenge I did above was about playing in makeup and to really look at the difference in what it takes to apply a different style of makeup. 

With the negativity in our world today, taking a break from everyday life is needed. Challenges give us the chance to do that. We get a chance to bond with each other and laugh. We get a chance to be silly. We get a chance to de-stress from life! It is probably the only time I see majority of the online Beauty World come together, laugh, joke, and genuinely get along. I am always all about positive energy in the online world. So, I hope that this challenge and any challenge that I do makes people smile! I challenge all of you all to participate in the challenge we just came up with. Tag us so we can see it! Don't forget to smile and laugh while doing it. 



Aly Jae is a Beauty Influencer and a member of Ipsy Open Studios. Active in the Beauty Industry since 2008, Aly continues to educate others about makeup application, products, techniques, and skincare.


1 comment: