Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Benefit Cosmetics: First Impression

I've used Benefit products before. Their Roller Lash Mascara is among one of my favorite mascaras of all time. So when I received a few more products from them to review, I was very excited and thrilled to try it! So the products I received are below: The Porefessional Face Primer, Hoola Matte Bronzer, and Dallas Dusty Rose Face Powder.



Pictured: Porefessional Face Primer, Dallas Dusty Rose Face Powder, and Hoola Matte Bronzer
 
 
1. Porefessional Face Primer. I applied a little bit of the primer to the back of my hand the first time I used it. The first thing I noticed was there was a very light fragrance. Nothing overwhelming. Pretty, but light. As I spread it on the back of my hand, I noticed that the texture was velvety and easy to spread. You know I do not like primers that you have to put elbow into in order to get it onto the skin. So this was definitely a huge plus for me. I also liked that it did not take long to sink into the skin. There wasn't a lot of spreading it around in order to get the product to absorb onto my hand. Two thumbs up for that! When I tried it on my face, I did notice a difference in how my foundation looked. My foundation looked more even and set. I had a few people tell me that the complexion was flawless. So that was a major plus!! So far, this primer gets two thumbs up!!
 
 
Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional Face Primer
 
2. Hoola Bronzer. I was super excited to try the Hoola Bronzer and nervous at the same time. I had seen it of course everywhere else. But my biggest concern was if it would be dark enough for my skin tone. I'm happy to report that this bronzer definitely is dark enough!! I opened it up and swatched it on the palm of my hand first. I loved the packaging and the brush that came with it. The bristles on the bronzer brush in the package is very soft. I will probably always use that brush with that bronzer. I loved the way that is swatched. It is a very natural bronzer. It wasn't dark. When I applied it to my face to bronze with, I noticed that the color is buildable. So if you want more color in your face, you can definitely build the color on by continuing to apply the product. It still looked very natural and glowy. I'm totally liking the Hoola Bronzer!!
 
 
 
Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer
 
 
3. Dallas Dusty Rose Face Powder. Upon inspection, this face powder looks like a bronzer. You can't really tell the difference until you swatch it. On the skin, you can definitely see that it is a dusty rose color. I read on Benefit's website that it doubles as a blush and bronzer. On me, this will definitely be used as a blush. It is not dark enough for me to bronze with. I'm ok with that. The reason I am ok is because I have the Hoola Bronzer. But together, they are gorgeous. I have been into rose colors a lot lately. So this one was definitely right up my alley. This powder also has a scent, very similar to the face primer. I like the consistency. I also like that the fragrance isn't bother me. Using things with fragrance in it typically breaks me out. I don't know if my body just grew out of it or if it's just not bothering me. But so far, I have not had a reaction to it at all. Here are the swatches below so that you can see the difference between two.
 
 
swatches of Hoola Bronzer and Dallas Dusty Rose Face Powder
 
Benefit Cosmetics Dallas Dusty Rose Face Powder
 
 
All in all, my first impression of this two thumbs up for Benefit. I honestly didn't think I wouldn't like it. The products that I purchased from this company prior to receiving these products are all amaze balls. Huge thank you to Benefit Cosmetics for sending me these items to try out. I truly appreciate it!Here is my final look with it. I will definitely write a final review in a few weeks on all of these products very soon! You can purchase these products at www.benefitcosmetics.com, www.sephora.com, and www.ulta.com.
 
 
Much Luv,
 
 
Aly
 
 
Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional Primer, Hoola Bronzer and Dallas Dusty Rose Face Powder used in this look.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment