Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Milani Cosmetics Amore Matte Lip Creams: First Impression

Yup, this is pretty impromptu. See, what had happen was, I originally went to Wal-Mart just to buy the rest of the Milani Amore Mattalics collection. They didn't have it. But, they had the Amore Matte Collection that I could not find ANYWHERE! So, me being me, I was like yasssss let's do it Aly. (LOL). So I grabbed 3 colors from the line there: Covet, Devotion, and Precious. Here are my initial thoughts:

Milani Cosmetics Amore Matte Lip Creams (L to R): Precious, Devotion, and Covet
 
 
The first thing I noticed when I swatched them on my arm was, of course, the scent. The scent is mild and floral. There to hide the product smell. That's fine. I expected it after realizing that the Mattalics collection I love has the same scent. No worries there. Nice job on the consistency Milani. I timed how long it took for these babies to turn matte. It took just under 7 minutes. They are not kiss proof however. Well, not 100%. We'll say about 98%. On the lips, when I tried it on, I got a little transfer. On my wrist, I got a lot of transfer. It was also very tacky on my wrist. But not on my lips. I don't really know what that is all about. Swatches are below.
 
 
Milani Amore Matte Lip Cream Swatches
 
 

I tried the shade Covet on my lips while I let the swatches dry. Like the Mattalics Lip Creams, they felt very light weight and comfortable on the lips. I love that. I highly recommend these lippies to someone who wants to try the matte liquid lipstick. It will prepare you for the other brands on the market that are a tad more drying than these. There's nothing wrong with them. But if you're not used to it, it may feel weird to you. The color of these lippies are pretty opaque for the most part. I did notice a little patchiness on the lips. Not so much in the swatches. I'm definitely going to look into this more when I do a look with them. I will also do a food and drink test with them. Those results will come at a later date. All in all, I like these lippies so far. This is a great addition to the liquid lipstick craze and they're not super expensive. I paid $7.97 a piece for these lippies at Wal-Mart. You can also find these at your local drugstore and on Milani's website. www.milanicosmetics.com.
 
Until Next Time,
 
Aly
 


No comments:

Post a Comment