Sunday, June 5, 2016

Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?



Ok so normally, I will do a first impressions before I do a review. But I have owned Champagne Pop for a while. So I am pretty familiar with Becca Cosmetics and their products. So let's speed past the first impressions and go straight to Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down!!!



Let's talk about this packaging real quick. I watched several snaps on this launch party that took place in New York. Honey Listen..... They went all out with this one. The gold and white champagne colored compact is polished to perfection. Looking at it, I think I'm about to pop open a bottle of top shelf champagne. So excellent job on the packaging. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up. (In my Travis from Clueless voice).

Now we all know Champagne Pop is the hottest thing walking. But let's go with Prosecco Pop really quick. Prosecco Pop is more golden than Champagne Pop which is right up my alley. I really need to swatch it next to Colourpop's Kaepop Highlight in Glo Up. That's the gold that it reminds me of. This peeks my interest because you all know how I feel about warm tones. I also love that it works well on darker skin tones. Champagne Pop looks amazing on me. But according to everyone that looks at me, I'm on the lighter side. I disagree, but that's neither here nor there. What I do know is that Champagne Pop can appear ashy on someone who is several shades darker than myself. I tested them both out on my niece's face so that you can see what I mean. I would Prosecco Pop on her in a heart beat. But Champagne Pop looks a tad ashy on her. Everything isn't for everyone so, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. But I am happy that there is another shade in this line that works for darker shades. Another Two Thumbs Up Becca and Jaclyn!
Champagne Pop on my niece
 

Prosecco Pop on my niece


The 3 blushes in the palette are Rose Spritz, Pamplemousse, and Amaretto. I was excited about Amaretto the most because this was the shade that I would normally go for first with a blush. For some reason, pink blushes don't always look as great as I would like them to on me. Honestly, I was proven wrong pretty quickly. Rose' Spritz proved to be the winner blush in this palette. It may have something to do with my new obsession with Rose Gold or whatever. But that one is my favorite shade. Amaretto by itself looks more like a bronzer on me. Yes, I was very shocked. I also loved how the looked when layered with the highlighters in the palette. The layering added an extra special slay to it. The palette can be used in so many different ways. Another two thumbs up!


 

 
 


Now this palette also came with a sample of the Backlight Filter Primer. Talk about a tease Becca Cosmetics. I instantly fell in love with it and then threw a tantrum because I ran out of it quickly. My birthday is coming up. So, I will wait to see what people get me for it. Praying for Sephora Gift Cards. But now I need this primer in my life. Probably the only good thing that annoyed me with this palette. I know I know. Petty. But until I have this primer in my possession, I will maintain this silent attitude. LOL.

I am so here for this palette. I want to personally say thank you to both Becca and Jaclyn Hill for coming together to make this universal product for the wide arrange of consumers out here. I will definitely be buying another palette specifically for my MUA kit. I will also be campaigning for Prosecco Pop to become a permanent shade along side Champagne Pop. If no one has started a petition yet, I totally will! Have any of you guys received the Champagne Collection Face Palette? Let me know what you think of it below!

Until next time my loves,

Aly


No comments:

Post a Comment