Tuesday, June 7, 2016

4 Traveling Tips For The Makeup Addict


So, as a lot of you all know, I took a much needed family vacation to Los Angeles back in March. Packing clothes wasn't the issue. That was insanely easy. The hard part was packing my makeup for the trip. I knew because I was with the Fam Bam that I wasn't going to necessarily beat my face to the gods, but I definitely was going to make sure that something was on my face while I was there. When you have an obnoxiously large makeup collection, it is very difficult to figure out what to bring with you on a trip. I seriously wanted to know how much it cost to air lift my room to LA so I could just do my face in a stress free environment. But since that really wasn't an option, I made a life altering decision and brought what I needed. You know, the basics. So ladies and gentleman, I am going to give you a few tips on how to pack light on the makeup tip.

  1. De-pot Potted makeup products and add them to a Z-Palette. Even though Z-Palette top was damaged thanks to the skycap tossing my luggage around, putting my shadows and powders in it really made life so much easier. I had access to so many shadows without having several messy cosmetic bags. Here is a de-potting tutorial for you to know exactly how to get products out of the pots and into your Z-Palettes. https://youtu.be/fUzE-0VSyi0
  2. Put Foundation, Skin Care, and anything else liquid in small jars. The small jars give you that sense of relief in a sense that your traveling makeup is neither broken or stolen, or worse lost. I know that I don't want a $50 bottle of Foundation floating around the US somewhere. So placing the liquid products in jars not only makes it easier for you to travel, you also can carry it on the plane with you. The jars are less the 1oz. So no worries there on that front. JoAnn Fabrics has cases of these small pots.
  3. Purchase a man's traveling case and place your makeup brushes inside the case. I say a man's traveling case because it is big enough to carry makeup brushes. I took a nice handful of my brushes with me to LA and I took them as a carry on. That's another tip. I also used a travel spray bottle that holds no more than an 1 fluid oz for my brush cleaner. I make my own brush cleaner. I will link that blog here if you're interested in learning how to make your own brush cleaner. If you're concerned about the case looking too manly, bedazzle it out. Target and Wal-Mart will have these traveling cases. Here is a picture below.
  4. Pre-Plan your makeup looks. This really helped me the days leading up to my trip. I pre-planned every single look that I wanted to do while I was gone. This helped with making decisions on which foundation, eyeshadow, and powders to carry in the first place. I sat down with my pinterest app and surfed through different colors and looks for inspiration. Then I write down the specific products I want to use along with the lashes I will take with me and pack those. Don't go overboard though. Remember, you're on vacation. There is no need to pack everything you own to do your face for a few days.
I hope these tips help you while planning your next trip. They definitely relieved my anxiety when I went out of town. Don't forget the proper sunscreen! And most importantly, enjoy your time away. Traveling is supposed to be fun and exciting. Take the stress away by simply pre-planning your makeup and packing smart!

Until Next Time My Loves,

Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment