Monday, November 9, 2015

Morphe 35O Palette: The Palette of all Palettes

Morphe Brushes 35O Eye Shadow Palette

 


I have never in my life seen so much of a frenzy over an eye shadow palette. I own quite a few and have paid attention to makeup launches for quite some time now. But the Morphe Brushes 35O Palette takes the cake. There are like several other palettes in the 35 Series. But the 35O was the hottest thing walking. Still is. I first saw the 35O on snapchat thanks to Jaclyn Hill and MannyMUA. I'll blame them for the heightened awareness. LOL! The minute I went to take my talents to Morphe to buy the palette, because let's face it, you all know I LOVE warm colors, It was sold out! I was so upset. I tried to tie myself over with the 35W palette (which I honestly really do like), but it didn't really work. So, I waited. And the minute I got notice of the pre-sale (Thanks Ebony!), I literally pulled over in the Starbucks parking lot I was about to stop at to get my Venti Passion Fruit Iced Tea Lemonade, Sweetened, with 1 pump of Raspberry and Light Ice (Thanks Jaclyn Hill lol) and bought the palette right there from my phone. Nothing mattered at that moment but that palette!

It about 5 days later (along with an additional one that has since been sold. Sorry guys). I literally have not really deviated from this palette yet. I think I have done 2 looks outside of the play I was in back in October (which does NOT count) that did not involve the Morphe 35O palette. I mean, there are 35 shadows in this palette. I can do so many different looks with it. Plus it's still technically fall. So, I mean really. Why wouldn't you use this palette right now? I will probably use this thing year round to be very honest with you. LBVS!!!
One look with Palette


Now, here comes the important part, the specs! I'm only 4'11 which means my T-Rex size arms won't allow the space I need to swatch all 35 colors. So I swatched as many as I can. Bare with me now. The metallics/shimmers are first. My favorite is the lower right corner metallic orange/red shade. It is EVERYTHING!!! Spray some M.A.C. Fix + on a flat shadow contour brush and it might as well be burnt orange aluminum foil on your eyelids. It is absolutely gorgeous. I have no idea what Morphe did, but THEY DID THAT with this shadow. I seriously cannot get enough of it. I have to force myself not to use it so that the other shadows in the palette don't feel neglected. I can say that all but one (The second from the left) are all very creamy in texture. The one that is not as consistent as the other shimmers/metallics I don't really use. It feels kind of gritty when you touch it and has a lot of fall out. I honestly believe that a lot of the lighter shades in any eye shadow palette have this issue. I had a similar issue with the lightest shade in the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. It's not unusable. Just be careful with it. I would probably only use it for an inner corner highlight anyway.


Shimmer Metallic Swatches with and without flash
 
 
The more matte shades all have different consistencies which is not really a bad thing. Some are really base or transition colors. They don't really need to have a lot of pigment. The darker or more orange shades have more pigment. This makes since because they would be use for more bolder statements such as a pop of color or smokey eye effect. I pretty much love all of them. I can't say that any of them have upset or disappoint me in any way. Here are the swatches of the more matte shades. The one to the far right looks more satin to me. But I put it in this category because it is close on color to my favorite shade in the palette and I wanted it to stand out on it's own. I will be using this color in a look very soon.
 

Matte/Satin Shades with and without flash
 
 
All in all, I would give this palette two very enthusiastic thumbs up. They are still sold out of the palette. But no worries. The 35O palette is a permanent product at Morphe and will be back in stock. I would suggest doing what I did if you have not purchased it yet. I would stalk Morphe's Instagram page and patiently wait for the product to be available again. I am in the works of trying to get a hold of their eye shadow palettes in general to add to my online store, www.alyjaebeauty.com. Right now, the 35O is not available to retailers. The minute it is though is the minute it will be added to the store. Stay tuned for more information!! Comment below if you have any questions.
 
Until next time beauties,
 
Aly



2 comments:

  1. The colors look amazing and this is such a good review. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem at all!! Thank you for reading it!!!!

    ReplyDelete