Thursday, February 25, 2016

Morphe Ultra Fine Pro Setting Powder... Does it set?

So a few weeks ago, I noticed that Morphe created a setting powder. Translucent powders are all the rave now with Laura Mercier leading the pack. So how does Morphe match up to all the others? Hmmmmm....

Morphe Ultra Fine Pro Setting Powder
Left: Translucent, Right: Banana


My first impression of this powder was that it was so silky to the touch. I was very excited to try it. I was concerned that the Translucent shade would be too light for my skin. So, I tested the Banana out first. It blended amazingly well with my skin tone. This definitely makes me believe that it is a universal color. It definitely did an amazing job with carving out my contour line. I followed up with the Translucent Shade because I wanted to see if it would make me look ashy. To my surprise, it did not. It also blended in perfectly with my skin tone. It also set my makeup and controlled my oil issue for a pretty long time!



How does it match up to Laura Mercier? I would put it on the same level. These two powders are definitely an amazing alternative to the amazing, but pricey Laura Mercier. I purchased this powder of course to see what all the hype is about. But I am glad that I got a chance to compare these two amazing brands. If you're on a budget, I would highly recommend the Morphe Ultra Fine Pro Setting Powder. I was not disappointed by this brand whatsoever. I honestly don't recall ever being disappointed.....

Go to www.morphebrushes.com to purchase these amazing powders. I recommend the Banana if the purpose is to have a yellow highlight. For simple setting and carving, go with the Transcluent.

Until Next Time Luvs,

Aly


No comments:

Post a Comment