Tuesday, February 23, 2016

What is the difference between the Beauty Blender and the Beauty Blender Pro?

If you're anything like me, it probably took you years to hop on the Beauty Blender bandwagon. When I officially bought one, I literally used it every time I did my makeup. So when the Beauty Blender Pro came out.... I was like ok what's the difference? Color? Size? It's the same size.... ok..... I don't get it. LOL. I'm going to safely assume that so many of you are like me. But luckily, thanks to my persistence in research, I have answers!!!

So first, let me explain how I got my hands on one in the first place. I'm Sephora (of course) and I decide to purchase the Kat Von D Lock It Foundation. The lady at the cash wrap goes, Kat Von D is having a sale where you can get the Beauty Blender Pro for just 10 bucks more. Me: WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? Cash Wrap Lady: I know!!!! Me: But I have a Beauty Blender already and I just bought the Real Techniques Sponge. Cash Wrap Lady: But it's the Beauty Blender Pro... And it's only $10 bucks more. Me: *Sigh* Ok fine... But what's the difference?

Kat Von D Lock It Foundation/Beauty Blender Pro Combo


She didn't know the answer either. I didn't see that as a big deal. However, I did want to know what was what. So, I went swimming onto Beauty Blender's website to go find out that the difference is. According to www.BeautyBlender.com, The Beauty Blender Pro.... *insert drum roll* is ideal for darker complexion products as it does not stain the sponge as easily, making it a favorite amongst Professional Makeup Artist. Hence, why it is called "Pro." That's it. Other than the color, it literally operates the same exact way as the Original Beauty Blender. I can honestly say that I totally understand and see the purpose of it. I have both the original and Pro now. I have used the Pro and found that it lives up to it's purpose. My Original Beauty Blender is more orange now than it is pink. The Pro sponge, the most you see on it is the Laura Mercier or Morphe Translucent Powder that I used to sharpen my contour with. I definitely appreciate Beauty Blender taking that into consideration. While it did not really bother me because, well, I was the only one using it, I can definitely see how MUA's would want to make their sponges appear more clean. Once it's stained, it's stained. So great job Beauty Blender for catering to everyone!! Two Thumb up from me!

The great mystery has been SOLVED!!! I feel like mythbusters from the Discovery Channel. Which one would I recommend? The one that fits your needs the most. Oddly enough, the Beauty Blender Pro is more ideal for me. It still looks like a brand new sponge. So I'll switch between my Pro and RTS and retire my Original BB. Let me know which one you have and why you decided to go with that one! They have like 5 other ones.

Until Next Time Luvs,

Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment