Monday, March 21, 2016

Colourpop's Latest Products: Ultra Satin Lips, Brow Pencil and Brow Gels

Colourpop is a such a mysterious company. It's like the Charlie of the Beauty World and we're the Angels. Or the Wizard of Oz... no wait Charlie. The Wizard of Oz was mean. Colourpop is far from mean. Anyway, I'm getting off topic here. So they recently dropped two brand new products: The Ultra Satin Lip Collection and Brow Products. So of course, I had to try them IMMEDIATELY. I finally have a review on both products!


Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Tansy and Too Lips

I received Tansy first and did an Ombre Look with NYX Liquid Suede in Sandstorm. The color was absolutely beautiful with it. I purchased Too Lips immediately after and fell in love with this shade. The finish of this product dries like regular creme lipstick. It does have some transfer, but lasts quite a while. It survived me eating and drinking. I also found that it was very comfortable on the lips as it was non-drying. I definitely think this product is an amazing alternative to the Ultra Matte Lip if you are not a fan of the liquid lipsticks. Or if you love lip products like I do, they're still awesome to have. The Ultra Satin Lips come in 16 different shades: Magic Wand, Echo Park, Dopey, Lyin King, London Fog, The Rabbit, Panda, Marshmallow, Mess Around, Petit Four, Too Lips, Frick N Frack, Tansy, Cozy, Lost, and Prim. Visit www.colourpop.com to purchase these shades plus others. (Note: Link is NOT an affiliate code.)


Swatches of Tansy and Too Lips


Next, I purchased the new brow products. I was really disappointed that the brown shade that I was looking for was sold out. I honestly should have waited to 2am (12am PST) when they launched to purchase them. Oh well, Jet Black worked either way. Here are the swatches of the two:

Brow Pencil and Gel in Jet Black

The very first thing that I noticed was that the Brow Colour looked EXTREMELY similar to the Creme Gel Liner in Swerve. I immediately grabbed and swatched it next to the Brow Colour to see what the difference was. Here is what I found:

Brow Colour Jet Black and Creme Gel Liner Swerve

The Creme Gel Liner is a thicker consistency than the Brow Colour. The Creme Gel is more opaque than the Brow Colour as well. This make sense because you definitely don't want something that is jet black to go very thick on the brows. Smart move there Colourpop! Now back to the two brow products. I tried the pencil on one brow and the brow colour on the other. I liked the pencil a little bit better than I liked the gel. The reason is because the pencil was more natural than the gel on me. I know it also has a lot to do with the color of it. I want to try the Brow Colour Black N Brown to see if it is the consistency or the color. I'm going to keep it because I can definitely use this brow gel on a client during Prom and Wedding season. Not all was lost there. It just didn't work on me. Normal because everything isn't for everyone. I would say that this shade is perfect for someone who loves darker eyebrows or is of a darker complexion. Jet black will look very natural then. Both brow products comes in 8 different shades: Jet Black, Black N Brown, Banging Brunette, Red Head, Arched Auburn, Dope Taupe, Honey Blonde, and Blondie. They are currently sold out on Colourpop's website. But keep an eye out for them. I am sure they will restock soon!

Brow Colour and Brow Pencil in Jet Black




If you guys have these products, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Makeup Talk!!!!

Until Next time  my luvs,

Aly





No comments:

Post a Comment