Sunday, March 6, 2016

NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks: Yup, I'm here for this.

Yes. I know. I'm super late. See, what had happen was, I was trying to purchase them when they came out, but they were always sold out. Then I got distracted. My ADD is very real. LBS. Anywho, I went to Ulta to get glitter glue and walked out with that plus 4 lippies. 3 of them were from the Liquid Suede Collection.

The first thing I did was swatch them. Because I really wanted to know what these lippies were all about. My question was of "how is this different from the Soft Matte Lip Creams?" was answered very quickly. These are not liquid lipsticks. They do not dry matte. They are not kiss proof. Now, I didn't expect them to be. So, I wasn't really disappointed. They have a very satin finish. Not an obnoxious sheen. But the color pay off is awesome!
                                                 NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Swatches




During eating and drinking, there was very little transfer. So, I was most definitely impressed with that. I tried Sandstorm first. I like nude shades. But I realized very quickly, that I will need to use a brown lip liner with this shade. It is the exact shade of my skin tone. It can definitely work however. I will buy a brown lip liner for sure and ombre it out.


NYX Liquid Suede Sandstorm
 
 
 
Next, I tried the other colors, just to really see what they would look like on me. The next color I tried was Cherry Skies. I love a red lip. Especially a Blue/Red which is what Cherry Skies is. It glided on like butter, just like Sandstorm did. This shade honestly, I can wear every single day.
 
 
NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cherry Skies
 
 
Finally, I tried Stone Fox. Let me tell you why Stone Fox is my favorite. I did not expect that lippie to be so amazingly awesome. What I noticed talking to my fellow IpsyOS girls is that this shade is very versatile. It really does look good on so many people. It is also such a fun color! After reviewing the photos I took and which one I should put up, I was like yes. Stone Fox won!!
 
NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Stone Fox
 
 
 
All in all, I must say that I really do like these lipsticks. I have full intentions on getting other shades in the near future. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a full impact lip color but does not want to purchase a matte lipstick. It is very comfortable on the lips and a great mid point between traditional lipsticks and liquid lipsticks. You can purchase them from Ulta and www.nyxcosmetics.com. They're inexpensive, $6.99. Check them out if you are like me and haven't gotten them yet. If you do have them, what was your take on them? Leave comments below!!!
 
 
Until Next Time,
 
 
Aly




                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment