Saturday, December 19, 2015

Drugstore Series: Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color and Maybelline Colour Blur First Impression

So, I am going to break this blog up into two parts. Why? Because I have like 15 other things to demo and do looks with. The best part about this is, I have two weeks to do all of this because school is out!!!! I'm so friggin excited. LOL! But, I'm starting a series here called the Drugstore Series. I mean, a lot of the makeup I use isn't high end.... ok I might be lying. lol. 40% of the makeup I use is not high end. I am definitely a frequenter of the cosmetic section at Target/WalMart/Walgreens/CVS. My addiction is real. ANYWAY, I heard that Revlon and Maybelline had new products coming out and I wanted to try them. I bought the Revlon HD Ultra Matte Lip Color in HD Passion and the Maybelline Colour Blur in Plum Perfect. The first thing I will say is that the packaging was misleading. I thought both shades were going to be way darker than they actually were. Now this wasn't a bad thing because I truly liked both shades once I swatched them. So here are my full first impressions of both products. Let's go in alphabetical order shall we?

Maybelline Colour Blur in Plum Perfect: Ok. So I like the shade. I wish it was darker like the packaging made it look. But I like the color. The reason I like it is because I have 3 other shades just like it. Those shades are Yorba Linda by Nicolet Beauty (available at my store www.alyjaebeauty.com), KatVon D Everlasting Lipstick in Vampira, and Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in LAX. Why am I hoarding this dark red color? I have not one clue. I liked that it was almost pencil form. It made the application way easier to apply. I didn't understand what the plastic thing on the end was for. So I went to YouTube and watched ItsJudyTime's First Impression video (I'll link it below so you all can watch it as well) and let her explain to me what it's for. So word on the street is that it's supposed to be for this reverse ombre' effect? When I tried it, I didn't care for it. I agreed with Judy when she said that it looks unfinished. It almost looked like you ate the outside part of your lipstick off. I would say try it to see if you like using it that way, but it didn't look nice on me. It is not kiss proof like at all. So if you are looking for your lipstick to not budge, this isn't the product I would recommend for that. It doesn't wear off easily however. The packaging is also slim and makes it easy to carry around for reapplying purposes. Over time it felt a little drying. But I'm used to it because I wear so many liquid lipsticks. Honestly didn't bother me. I would totally recommend this product for an everyday lipstick use. I think it is perfect for on the go and to just throw on for just because. It is extremely convenient and easy to apply. This product gets a two thumbs up from me! Great Job Maybelline!!!

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color: So, prior to trying it, I had already heard a few things about this product. One of the things that I noticed first even when deciding to try it out was that it did not have a lot of color choices. There are only 8 shades to choose from and this shade I purchased is the darkest one. I truly hope they come out with more shades. Why? I also give this a two thumbs up for convenient everyday use. The wand is very was to control and makes the lipstick easy to apply. The formula also is non-drying. It is very creamy in texture. I wouldn't give this a 100% matte look because it does have a sheen to it. The color pay off is pretty nice. I was impressed that the pink looked nice on my skin tone. The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the scent. It definitely had a floral smell to mask the product smell. But I'm allergic to fragrance. So I know this is something that in the long run can break me out. However, I do know that not everyone has this problem. Which is why I say if you want something easy for everyday wear, buy this product. It is very convenient and might I add, the packaging is super cute. It looks crazy high end with the frosted tube and silver top! Me likey Revlon. We need more colors!!!!!

The first impression of both of these products were awesome sauce. I will do my final analysis on them this coming week. I just want a few more days to try them out, see how they wear throughout the week. You know, all that Jazz. I have pics below of what they look like swatched and packaged. Leave all questions and comments below!!

Until next time beauties,


Aly



No comments:

Post a Comment